Follow by Email

Monday, August 27, 2012

Oh, what a week! Let's start with the good news first I guess. I am staying in Görlitz for another transfer! I am pretty excited about that because it means I can still tell the ward members that this has been the best city that I've worked in my entire mission. Elder Bangerter is also staying, so we get another six weeks together. I feel so lucky that I have had the blessing of having awesome companions so far. But I have no address changes for another month and a half. This week was full of service and finding. Last P-day, we went all the way up to the top of the highest "mountain" (term used very loosely because I come from the Rocky Mountains) in Görlitz. I got some really good pictures of the city, and we were able to see a really cool mansion/hotel at the top. On the way down, we broke one of the bikes again, but that how life goes I guess. We have been trying to get more people in our teaching pool, and so that usually entails us being on the street doing some contacting. The most exciting day was Friday, in which I was on Splits with a missionary from Forst. We ended up talking to a lady about God, and she said that she had left the Lutheran church because they wanted her money, which means that God doesn't exist; but that she believes in guardian angels because she has one that has protected her in multiple situations. We tried to understand where she thought the angels came from, but she said it was impossible to know. It was a very unique conversation. Later that day, and unfortunately for the companion I was with, one of the less active members in the ward answered her door with only pants and a hand towel on- no shirt, no bra, just a hand towel that did not cover anything close to what it should have. Suddenly, the wall of the entrance became very interesting to me, we decided to come back in a few hours. That was definitely something I won't forget. Then, on the same Split, we had about a 10 Kilometer walk all the way to the other end of town for an appointment with some Jahovah's Witnesses that fell through. We got plenty of time to talk about the very, very interesting day that we had experienced. So that was the crazy part of the week, but the real highlight was yesterday. We printed out over 4000 English lesson advertisements last week, and so we decided to take advantage of the Altstadtfest (like a Renascence Fair) here in Görlitz and just start handing out the cards. We handed out over 200 cards, got over ten people that said that they might come to English class on Saturday, and had a few really good lessons on the street. There are miracles going on around us here in Germany. I love the quote from D&C 4, in which it explains that the field is white and all ready to harvest. The part that really matters is that we thrust in our sickle with all of our might, and with our focus only on the glory of God, and we are promised blessings more than we can bear. I love you all and hope that you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment