Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy 21st Birthday Eric

Hey, so first off I just wanted to say that I am sorry that this letter is a day late. We had a few appointments set up for yesterday, and so we decided to change our P-day to today (which I have now complaints about, since I turn twenty today). But I managed to squeeze some time in for my family somewhere in the week... We had a pretty good week last week. The snow has been coming down in waves, and there is easily as much as in Colorado, and so I definitely feel at home. The only bad news with the weather is that no one likes to be out in it, and only people that have work to do WANT to be out in it, so our number of new appointments has dropped quite a bit. Last transfer, we could manage to make out about 2-3 new apps during the week here. I don't think that we have gotten an address or number from someone in well over three weeks. That always really sucks, especially since that is what the majority of missionary work consists of. If we do not have new apps, then we stop having people to teach. The good news is that our investigators have been pretty solid, which is the miracle of the transfer. We are helping one of them, a 30 year-old lady, realize the true miracle of being able to repent. She thinks that it is just an impossible quota that God set up and patronizingly asks us to be able to achieve in this life. Fortunately for her soul and mine, it is quite the opposite, and it is one of the truths of the gospel that I have learn while on my mission: Instead of God asking us to climb as high as we can and then just lifting us to the top when we can't go further, the atonement is more like the rope that both secures us to the mountain and is our leverage to make it to new heights that we could never even dream of. I was able to go to the baptism of another set of missionaries on Saturday, which was really fortunate. It was a wonderful experience, and I really hope that we can have it happen in Prenzlau soon. One of the families here decided that they are going to move to a bigger ward where there are actually primary children that their children can learn with. I agree with their decision, but it is really sad to see them leave because now the number of active members goes down even further. The only way to change that around is to get new people coming. This week is already looking good though. Yesterday, I went into the office to get my German driver's licence, and so in a few weeks I should be able to drive the couple's car around if they need me to. The couple also held a birthday party for me yesterday, which was really nice of them, and the food was delicious. And then today is P-day, and so we are just going to get our chores done and maybe do some shopping for a Christmas tree. It should be a pretty good birthday. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes and I hope everyone had a wonderful second advent. Thanks for all of your prayers and love. Be sure to thank God for all of the miracles in your life. I know that they continue to happen and that, as President Monson so wonderfully taught, "God is in the details of our lives." Have an auspicious, miracle-filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment