Follow by Email

Monday, January 21, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,      This week was somewhat difficult for us. We worked really hard, but it seemed like we just kept getting pushed back for all of our efforts. We had plenty of investigator appointments set up for this week, but ALL of them fell through- each for a different reason. I am really proud of Elder Gerberding and that he is so willing to go out everyday. He is doing really well at being a missionary, and so he makes it really easy to be doing effective missionary work. He is trying to get better at teaching and has been learning German like a pro. He has been taking part in the lessons and even has included some really great points in street lessons. He now has all of the ward members on his pinkie- they have been giving him special foods and are very careful with any food they offer him.      I have been reading through the Book of Mormon to follow a mission-wide plan that we have. The Isaiah chapters are taking some thought and re-reading, but I feel like I am able to apply many of the teachings I find. It is a fast pace, but it has been really great to do it. This last week I came across my mission scripture in 2 Nephi chapter 4, verse 30. It is: "Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation." Still my favorite so far. But now I really want to read the Bible like that next. Once again, I anyone would like to join the Germany Berlin Mission in reading all of the Book of Mormon before conference, than you are welcome to join.      Some highlights of the week:      -We had a birthday party in the church for one of the members here. Like the usual story, we were the only two guys there, haha; unlike the usual story, they did not have church topics to keep them busy, so they went off about the quirks of there husbands and men in general. I told them that just because they are speaking in German doesn't mean that I can't understand them. It was a really nice party though, and they had lots of food that they gave me (I would say us, but my companion cannot have cakes with milk in it, so it is all mine to devour according to my will and pleasure).      -We got a walk-in appointment doing doors. It was a Jehovah's Witness that wanted to tell us off, but we ended up having a really great conversation and even managed to get her phone number for a possible return appointment.      -We had an eating appointment!!! That may be common for some missionaries, but we only get legitimate eating appointments about once a month if we are lucky. Plus, all of it was totally safe for my companion to eat, which is a miracle in and of itself.      Well, that is what our week looked like. Please pray for us that we will keep warm and actually be able to teach some investigators this week. I know that the church is true and that this is His work. Alles gute!  --   - Elder Eric Gibson   Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage ,

No comments:

Post a Comment