Follow by Email

Monday, February 25, 2013

 Dear Family, Friends, and enemies

     The work is picking up a bit here in Prenzlau. I have noticed a kind of light cycle in which we have a few busy weeks, followed by a few slower weeks. We were able to have a few appointments with a new investigator, a lady that has not met with the missionaries for quite some time. She says that she does not really have a desire to join a church and that she is not religious, but she has a very deep understanding of the Plan of Salvation that really blew me away. We asked her to study 2 Nephi 2, and when we met the next time she explained it as well as a member of the church could. She has a fear of praying though, so we are sure that when we are able to get her to just try that, she might be able to develop a testimony of what she already understands. Our other investigators are going just about as well.
    This week, I took a look back at the growth and the changes that I have had while on my mission. I have had some amazing experiences that have refined my character and beaten a few of the bad habits out of me. My testimony of the hand of God in our lives is one of the things that I have learned and now hold on to very strongly. And of course, I have also learned to speak a whole new language. In the time of being a trainer, I have realized just how much German I have learned while being here, especially when he turns to me and says, "what did he even say right there?" It is pretty cool. (P.S. Elder Gerberding is doing such an amazing job of learning German, but here in Prenzlau there is a very distint dialect that is a difficult mix of Berlin-German and some Polish, making is particularly difficult).
     I love the chance that I have to be out here and to be serving for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives, that He hears and answers our prayers (dass er hört und erhört unsere Gebete), and that His work is picking up. We have 58 new missions being created becuase of the number of people that are answering His call- so amazing!
     Have an awesome week!

P.S. Just a heads up to those that are interested, this tranfer is going to be a bit shorter, and transfer day in on the 19th of March. That means that I will be reaching my 1-year mark in only my second area, haha!
-- 

 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment