Follow by Email

Monday, March 11, 2013


Hey Everyone!

     Well, we had a pretty nice week here in the heart of what used to be East Germany. For some reason, all of the older people here really like to remind us of this fact, and that none of the things in life are like what it used to be before the iron curtain fell. We had a lady that we meet doing doors that had this mind-set. She mentioned how amazing the new sciences and technologies are, but in the same breath said that it would be so nice to go back to the GDR days (damals), where everything was easier.
     We had another pretty exciting event on Friday, in which we were doing doors. Right when we were about done, a guy came up and seemed very frustrated with the fact that we were ringing his doorbell when he was not home, and as a citizen he had a right not to be contacted by anyone of us. We asked him if what we were doing was illegal. He said no, but that it just wasn't right to come up and talk with people. My brother Steven told me that one of the easiest ways to get out of these kind of situations was to start to preach the gospel, and I have to say that I was somewhat surprised with how effective it was. I started to tell him exactly what it was that made us want to come interrupt his life, and he then backed off. It is usually pretty rare to see a grown man throw a fit like that, and afterwards my companion and I just laughed about it. The only bad thing is that one of our contacts live in the exact apartment that this guy lives in, and so I am afraid that our relationship with that family might be injured due to his cinematic actions. I guess it just proves that Satan has an affect on the hearts of the people just like the Spirit, and it is just a fight between which side we want to take.
     Elder Gerberding and I are doing great. He is done with all of the need training and is ready to take on Germany.  I am really glad that I have been able to serve with him for the last few months. I miss being able to not have to worry about my cooking. For a while my biggest fear was killing him by accidentally adding milk to my pancakes or eating something with nuts that he ends up accidentally eating. But fortunately, he is not dead yet, at least that is what the ER doctors were telling me last night (Joke!).
      I am very happy that I have the ability to be serving as a missionary for this church. I know that the church is led by a modern day prophet through revelation. I know that the Book of Mormon contains answers to life's questions that cannot be found anywhere but in the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
     I hope that you all have an awesome week. We are having transfer calls this week, so I will let you know where I am heading (or not heading) next week. Thanks for your love and support!
-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage 


No comments:

Post a Comment