Follow by Email

Monday, March 18, 2013

     Well, we received our Transfer calls yesterday, but first, I might as well tell you about our week. You see, Elder Gerberding and I, after 11 weeks of working together, have gotten really organized with who does what when, and so we had a really great week of finding and teaching. The apex of our week was a lesson we had with one of our main investigators. She works in Berlin and so we are only able to meet with her every few weeks, but she understands the principals behind what we teach really, really well. We had a series of events that led up to a pretty cool miracle with her. 
     On Wednesday, the A.P.'s called and invited me to go to a training meeting for District Leaders and Zone Leaders. It was kind of weird, since I am neither of those, and so it just made me even more antsy for the transfer calls the following Saturday. Anyways, this meeting was on Friday in Berlin, and so we went. The miracle was on our way back, in which the meeting ended about 15 minutes before we had to catch our train, and so we headed over to the north side of town to see if we could catch it at a later station. By the time we got to that station, we had missed the train, and so we just chilled out in North Berlin for about an hour for the next one. After about 40 minutes of waiting, the loudspeakers notified us that the next train was going to be about 20 minutes late, and so we had to wait even longer. But then who walked down the stairs? Our investigator! It was a really crazy thing of events, but the Lord made sure to use our time effectively and put us right in the spot that we needed to be. We had a really good conversation with her- one that carried over into the lesson that we taught on Saturday. It was such a miracle!
     Well, her is the news. I am going to be transferred to NeuKölln, Berlin as a District Leader (hence me being invited to this random meeting on Friday). I am really going to miss the closeness of the ward in Prenzlau, and I have no idea what I am going to do in a big city. It will be the first time that I have done it my entire life. I think that I will just try to chase a few cars and look at everyone weird. But there is one thing that is going to be different, and that is that I can no longer talk to everyone that I see. My new companion's name is Elder Hansen, and he is the Elder that was companions with the Elder that I just finished training when they were both in the MTC.
     I will give everyone more info on Berlin, my new address, and some info on my new companion next week. I love you all and wish you all the best!

-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment