Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An awesome miracle- Weekly Letter


Liebe Familie, 
     This week was great- especially for the first week into a new transfer with a new companion. We have seen some really nice progress in our investigators this week, and so it has been a wonderful experience to see the change that the gospel can make in some people, especially myself. Elder Myrabo and I are getting along well. I really like him and I think that he is one of my funniest companions. He is from Michigan (not Utah), so that is already a plus. He is exactly as old as I am on the mission, and I knew him while we were in the MTC. The other really ironic part is that he just served with the same companion that I had in the MTC.
     The big miracles this week are as follows. The first is with a Czech family that we are working with. The aunt, the main one that we are working with, is a very melioristic person, and she wants to be baptized. We are going to go through the stop smoking program of the church with her, and so hopefully she will be ready to join the church in a few weeks. She wants to bring the whole family with her. The other huge miracle has actually been happening over the last few weeks, and came to realization just yesterday. There is a less active member who we have been working with. Yesterday, we were eating with a member of the high council, and as we were discussing all of the people we are working with, he stopped us and told us the miracle that we have been a part of. His name is Kai. His brother is a member of the Bishopric, and he has been making some really good progress spiritually. But I guess (unknown to me when I first called Kia to set up and appointment) his brother, when being set apart as a councilor, was told that if he was worthy and tried to help his brother that he would come back from inactivity. The next week, I came into this ward and got his number from his father. Now we have been meeting with him for over a month. Little did we know, we are helping in the fulfilment of a promise that the Lord gave to one of his children. It was truly an amazing thing to learn that we are instruments in the hands of a loving Father in Heaven. He knows and counts his sheep.
     This week, the number of sister missionaries in our mission almost doubled. We now have a sizable army of Sisters, and it is really awesome to see the new energy that is coming to the work here. Unfortunately for our mission president, that also means that his hands are full. But the mission is now extremely young- I am only half way through my mission, and I am already out in the top 10% of the bell curve, which is ridiculous.
     Well, that's everything for this week. Have a great one!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment