Follow by Email

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's day in Berlin- Weekly Letter


We had a really good week. Our investigators are progressing fairly well. Our main one, Reiner, now has a baptismal date for the 26th, and I thinks that he will be able to make it without any huge issues. We have already taught him all of the big commandments, and he is completely willing to follow all of them. My only worry is that some of them he is only following them because he knows he needs to as a member, not because he has a testimony that they are from our Heavenly Father. The other family that we are meeting with is proving to be a bigger problem than we had hoped. They are usually unavailable for one of the following reasons: 1) the aunt must go into the hospital to get checked- she has a brain tumor, or 2) they are going to Czech to visit their homeland, or 3) they have too many appointment throughout the week. They were thinking about coming to church this week, but then they canceled an hour before we were going to pick them up. They are such a sweet family, so hopefully we can get them to meet with us more often! 
We did have a pretty cool thing happen yesterday at church. Right before the second hour was starting up, this lady with a baby carriage just walked in and wanted to know if she could worship with us. We took her into the new member/investigator class and taught her about the restoration. She seemed to enjoy it, but she fell asleep on me as I was translating for her. It was pretty funny. 
I felt that we had a really good training meeting on Thursday. There were some really good ideas brought up, and so we were able to be edified by the impressions and ideas of the other missionaries. The Zone Leaders, Elders Turney and Taylor, did a great job setting it up, and so the pace was perfect. They are both really good teachers. It was also President's Interviews, and I was kinda disappointed with how quickly mine went. He took a look at our planners, and did not really say anything about mine. He just said, "It looks good. Thanks for what you are doing, Elder Gibson." Then he stood up, gave me a quick hug, and it was over. I guess it is a good thing that there are not any problems, but still, I bet that my interview with him was shorter than the time it would take to toast a piece of bread.
Elder Myrabo and I are also doing well.  He is a really great person, and so I am having a lot of fun serving with him.
On saturday, we went to one of the missionary couples homes to Skype with the family. I really liked it, but I am sorely disappointed that in the fall, when people ask where my family is, I will have to say "Utah." I am very proud of my non-Utah heritage, and so I will have to make sure to over-exaggerate the fact that I amfrom Colorado, even if my family has all moved out of the state! The good news though: both sides of the family live in Utah, so they will be much closer.
That is the big news of this week. I hope that everyone had a good Mother's day!
-- 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment