Follow by Email

Monday, June 24, 2013

It's (another) boy! - Weekly Letter

Dear Family and Friends,
The missionary work in Neukölln is doing pretty well. This week, we spent quite a bit of time planning out exactly what our plan for both our district and for our companionship are, so it was not quite as much time on the streets as the rest of the transfer. Also, having Zone Conference does the same thing. I am hoping that our new vision and renewed spirits from Zone Conference will give us a more sure direction, and that we will be able to contact even more of the children of God. We split up all of our members in our ward, and so now we are going to start going by on all of the less-actives that we can. It seems auspicious, although we still have to still go over how we want to work with the active ward members.
Our investigators are also doing well and progressing in the gospel. This week, the problem seemed to be time. We had quite a few appointments that fell through, and all of the return appointments did as well. People are pretty busy during this season, so plans change constantly. But that is why I am so thankful for technology and especially for our cell phone, because we are still able to keep in contact even when they decide to go somewhere.
I really enjoyed our Zone Meeting. I was able to see my great-grandson, or in non-mission jargon, it was the person (Elder Stringham) who was trained by the person (Elder Nelson) who was trained by the person (Elder Gerberding) that I (you know me already) trained. They all happen to be boys! Now you can see why I would rather just call him my great-grandson, hehe. It was a really great conference, and I especially loved the thoughts that we recieved from our mission president and his wife. We focused quite a bit on teaching and how how we can better use the scriptures in our work.
I love being able to serve here in Germany. The members are truly wonderful people, and it is truly a pleasure to be able to serve with them all. I am really excited to watch the new broadcast- I have already heard a bit about it, but we are not going to be able to watch it until the 30th rebroadcast, when it will be available during a daytime hour here. I love you all and wish you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment