Follow by Email

Monday, July 29, 2013

Are you a Hamburger?- Weekly Letter

It is my first week in Hamburg, and it is so exciting to be here! I have already gained a love for the people, the members, the missionaries, and my new companion. So far, the city has been a great place to work, and we have quite a few investigators that we are working with, a few of which either have a baptismal date or are dreadfully close. First things first, my new companion, despite the odds, comes from Colorado Springs!!! I totally saw him a few times when at Stake activities, and I even played him in church youth basketball. We have spent the last week using terms like "black forest, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and President Muirhead," which I have not even thought of using for over 2 years. He is in his third transfer, so still fairly new, but he is a really solid guy. Another crazy thing is that a brand new Sister missionary comes from the exact same ward that my family is going to be moving into in Centerville, Utah.  Our week missionary-wise was good. We have a person from Ghana on a baptismal date, a few other ones on the way, and quite a few people that we are going to be meeting with this week. It is a really exciting time to be in Hamburg, Germany. I can tell that the town is a bit smaller, but it is still one of the biggest cities in Germany, so the feel is not too different. I love the fact that I can ask people if they are Hamburgers, which is just how one forms it for if they come from the town. Of course, it makes total sense to them, but right after I asked someone, I just chuckled to myself, because it means something totally different in English. The town is beautiful though, and it is crowded with such a wide variety of people. The ward seems to be really awesome, the building here is HUGE, so it is sad that the chapel is fairly empty on Sunday, even though it makes sense, because it is a stake center for the Hamburg stake. Well, that is all the time I have for this week. I love you all, and here is my brand-new address for Hamburg. I will be here for at least 6 weeks, and I hope to receive letters and packages from you all, haha.  Elder Eric Gibson Po√ümoorweg 21b 22301 Hamburg Germany  Have a great week and I love you all! --    - Elder Eric Gibson   Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage  

No comments:

Post a Comment