Follow by Email

Monday, July 15, 2013

This week in Berlin


  This week went by really fast for us. We were always doing something different for every day of the week, and so there was not really any down time. Elder Myrabo and I are both enjoying our time here in the German capital. The main things that happened this week consisted of my companion and I teaching large groups of people. On Wednesday, we taught a lesson in a Zone Training Meeting on structuring all of the lessons that we teach on a solid commitment for the investigator. It turned out well, and the Zone Leaders said that we hit the nail exactly on the head with it. But then on Saturday, I got a call from the first councilor in the ward here, and he wanted me to give a 15 minute talk in church on Sunday. I am glad that he has faith that I can come up with something in German in so little time. The talk also went well, and my appreciation for the rhetoric courses in college increased dramatically through it. After my talk and the talks from one of the missionary couples in Berlin-Tiergarten ward, the ward members started asking all of the missionaries for Book of Mormons that they could give to their friends in the coming week. It was so exciting to see the spirit working in them and that they have a desire to share the gospel. The ward has exploded about missionary work the past few weeks, and we have seen some awesome miracles through it.
     I've decided that I love soccer. I played it for my first time with the Europeans here, and I learned just how awesome the sport really is. We are doing it with the ward every week now, and we have seen some really great missionary success through it as well. The Europeans love this particular sport, and I figured, "I'm here, so I might as well do it." I have been wrong about it for years- It was so much fun!
     Our investigators are also doing well. There was a man that we have been working with the last few months, and just this last week we had a really good lesson that showed us exactly where he is on the gospel path. He still has some concerns about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration, but he has a sincere desire to find out if it is true, so we are going to start focusing on those two things with him. We are also meeting with some families that have some really great potential, so hopefully we can see some progress with them in the next few weeks.

Have a great summer!
     
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage

No comments:

Post a Comment