Follow by Email

Monday, August 12, 2013

When you don't have anything to say ----- weekly letter

Well, this is probably going to be a fairly short letter. There was really not too many things that happened this week. It is not like it was a lousy week. I mean, the work is going really well here. We have 2 people that are wanting to be baptized next week. But as far as something that would be of interest to family and friends, I am unfortunately lacking in events. We just had the usual things that I usually obviate in my letters because that would just lead to a redundancy from week to week. But I will explain the one awesome story that I have in scripture form:

 1.Wherefore, the things which I have written sufficeth me, save it be a few words which I must speak concerning the [ward grill on Saturday]. Wherefore, I shall speak unto you plainly, according to the plainness of my [Emails].
 2. For my soul delighteth in [Emails]; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth [technology] unto the [missionaries]; for [they] speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding. (You should be grateful here that I don't do my letters in German)
 3. Wherefore, I would that ye should remember that I have spoken unto you concerning that [Grill Party] which [was held]... (Taken from 2 Nephi 31:2-4)
 4. Yea, behold, we did hold this party on the 10th day of the 8th month, according to our reckoning, and behold, a large number of investigators did come.
 5.And my soul did rejoice, for behold, many members had invited their friends, and family, and all other manner of people. And we did rejoice from the hours of 5 until 7.
 6. Yea, and we did give church tours, and we were filled with the power and the spirit of God, yea, and also, all those that were with us did fill the spirit of God.
 7. And thus we see that when members invite their friends, that the Lord will bless them in their work, for behold, so is the way that the missionaries require at you hands, yea, that you should only ask in His name whom ye should invite, and behold, he will answer your prayers. Amen.

Hope that you enjoyed it. Have a good week.

--

- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage

No comments:

Post a Comment