Follow by Email

Monday, October 7, 2013

Being grounded - Weekly letter

     Well, my companion and I had a pretty slow week. Elder Becar, after weeks of trying to get it out himself, finally had to go to the doctor for an ingrown toenail last Monday after we did E-mails, and so he could not walk for the entire week. We stayed in the apartment the whole week, save for when we would go to the doctor's to get a new bandage for him. They started out really big, and now we got it down to just a band-aid. It felt we were being grounded for not doing something wrong, haha. All I know is that I am certainly one that likes to be active (at appointments, finding, anything but sitting around twiddling my thumbs!), and that staying inside all week was not at all relaxing nor exciting. I was very happy on Saturday, when the Zone Leaders finally found some time to go on an exchange with me and let me run around a bit. I felt like a 3-year-old in a candy store because I was finally able to be outside doing something again.
     We did see a miracle or two though. On Thursday, we got a call from the investigator who I have been mentioning over the past few weeks. He came for conference on Sunday (exclamation point!), and I feel like it really has turned him back into investigating the Church from a spiritual perspective again. He wants to meet with us again, and I think that his questions will be question from the soul rather than that anti-mormon junk. Our other investigators are doing fine. We have a man who seems to be really set for the 19th of this month for his baptism. He has made some great progress and his faith is so awesome to watch and experience.
      I loved conference. There were some amazing talks given, and the spirit was really strong, especially the song that was played just before President Monson gave his talk on Sunday night (Sunday morning session for all of you in North America). We have such powerful teachers in the church, and they are all able to teach so clearly and effectively! I was also able to get answers to almost all of my questions that I had for conference, so it was pretty awesome to get some really clear answers from the servants of the Lord.
     Well, this week should be a bit better for us. We went to the doctor's office today, and he said that he should be able to walk again, but that he needs to "take it easy", whatever that means. TO THE STREETS!!!

Have a great week and I love you all! I know that this work is true and that this church lead by inspiration from the Almighty God. He lives and he loves us. Always remember that, and you will have the humility and power to overcome all trials that will ever befall you.



--

- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage

No comments:

Post a Comment