Follow by Email

Monday, December 16, 2013

3rd Advent


Dear Family and Friends,

I can't believe that we are already half-way through the last months of the year. 2013 has gone by so fast! I still remember when new years came, and I was planning out what I wanted to do differently to become a better missionary. Now, the year is already over, and the next step (college and study) is staring me in the face. It is crazy!
This week was really great. We had our Christmas Zone Conference on wednesday, which was very spiritual. For the second half, they gave us our present- watching a movie! We saw 17 Miracles, which I haven't seen for a while now, and it was way good to see all of the miraculous things that happened with the pioneers in the Willie-Martin handcart companies.
It also happened to be my birthday, and so everyone sang to me during lunch. At the end of day, Elder Schmidt and I had a mini-party of cake and ice-cream. It was a really good birthday.
The work is also going well. We are working with a man named Ricardo, and he is progressing slowly, but well. He has read quite from the book of Mormon, and his prayers have changed drastically. We are going to work with him on quiting smoking, so it will be really good after that.
On Friday, a member invited us over for dinner. She surprised us with a birthday cake at the end. The members love the missionaries so much! I was very grateful for how thoughtful they were.
There was also a piano concert in the church on Friday. We went as an opportunity to talk with some people about the church. It was a man named Kevin Kenner and a string quintet. Once they started, I was blown away with how proffesional it all was. I then looked on the program and saw just how many awards that this player has received in Poland, Germany, Texas, and Utah, among other places. His playing was very advanced and completely flawless. I asked a member for a recording of it, so hopefully I can get a copy from him before I am transferred from this city, and then you can see just how awesome it is.
Thanks for all of your love and support. Stay strong and excited tor the christmas season. President Eyring gave us an awesome promise in this month's ensign. Take advantage of the season and try to share the gospel with someone that you know! If you don't know the gospel very well, then it is certainly time to check it out.

Have a great 3rd advent. I love all of you and wish you the best during this exciting Christmas season!

--

- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage

No comments:

Post a Comment