Follow by Email

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New missionary in a big city

Dear Family/Friends,
     This week was really good. We were extremely busy, since the apartment that we have been staying in was rennovated this last week. We were living out of an apartment of another group of Elders who live in a different part of the city, and due to that, we had about an hour train ride home every night. I didn't think that it would really take that much time away from us, but it sure makes our appointments tight! On Thursday, we were able to finally move in to a brand new apartment on thursday, complete with shoe racks, a new stove, new carpets, painted walls, desks that we helped build, new wardrobes, ect. I am very happy to be living in it.
     Elder Schmidt is enjoying the city. It is about twice the size of his last, so he is still trying to get used to just how many people are really here, and the fact that we are in charge of some of the most busy sections of the city makes him even more bewildered. He comes from Alpine, Utah, and he has been out on his mission for about 10 months. Right now, he is following me around because he is lost, but he will start getting the city down pretty soon.
     Our investigators are also doing really well. We were able to meet with quite a few of them, despite all of the craziness that we were experiencing with the apartment. Alex, who has been meeting with us for over 4 months now, has confirmned that he knows that the church is true, and so we are hoping that we can make out a baptismal appointment with him this week.
     Unfortunately, I don't have any crazy stories of this week. We had thanksgiving dinner with the mission couple in our city. They are very nice and love us so much! I am only grateful for the chance that I have to been serving here at this time for the Lord, and I know that He is with me in this work. I can't believe that this year is coming to an end. I am not looking forward to it because 2014 is the year that I will be having to go back home. I love you all and I pray for each of you. Continue doing that which is right and looking for opportunities to share the gospel with all those whom you work with and know.

-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment