Follow by Email

Monday, December 9, 2013

The second Advent - weekly letter


     Yesterday, the second advent calender was burning in our apartment. It made me so happy. It is a German tradition that I am definitely going to take with me. As far as all of the chocolates and candies go, I think that I will miss them, but it is probably for the best, since I eat them a little to happily.
     This week was really good for Elder Schmidt and I in Hamburg. I have quite a few highlights that I think that you will all enjoy. First, on Monday, we went to the Christmas market for the second week in a row. I am pretty sure that we will end up there once again today. It is really awesome. You just have to make sure to leave your wallet at home. The market has a magical way of transforming bills into random objects that may be awesome, but that you honestly don't need.
     We had a really cool miracle on Monday night. We had an appointment with an investigator, and we decided to make it a bit shorter to have some time to stop by on a contact. We did such, and when we were on the bus to go by on this person, we saw him sitting on the bus! We talked with him, and he said that he has moved to a different part of the town and that he got a new phone. He decided to go to his old home just one last time to pick something up from his neighbor. He was very surprised that we ran into each other again, but he was very excited for it. So in other words, the chances that we would run into this man were very, very low. God is so awesome! Now he will be able to meet with the missionaries again.
     Also, I was able to play a trumpet again. It has been so long since I have touched a real one, but the bishop asked me to play it for the Christmas party on Saturday. Of course, I was happy to oblige. I just forgot that the trumpet is in a totally different key than that of piano, so I had to spend an hour transposing the music so that it would be suitable. It sounded pretty good, except for the high notes- my lips cannot support them very well anymore. We had a great party, and tons of friends of the members came. They seemed to all enjoy it.

Have a wonderful week and 3rd Advent!

-Elder Eric Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment