Follow by Email

Monday, January 27, 2014

It's already February?! - Weekly Letter


     I fully realize that today is the 27th of January, but I know that in a few short days, I will wake up and look at the clock I have on my desk and I will say those exact words, namely: "What? It's already February?!" It will be one of those palpable shocks, mostly because it is a harbinger of another month behind me. They are becoming very valuable nowadays.
     This week was one of the most fulfilling ones of my mission. I didn't feel like it at first, but at the end of the week, my companion and I were discussing some of the changes that have taken place the last 3 weeks, and we were both very happy with how many appointments we have and the kind of progress that we are making in how we do the work here. Now, we just need to get the investigators on board.
     We had an awesome week, in which we were able to add 3 new investigators to our teaching pool. It was awesome, and it resulted in a walk-in appointment yesterday. It was the 4th one of my mission, and it was Elder Pearson's first. That is what happens when we are obedient and diligent- the Lord will bless us with people to teach and ways of serving the members.
     This week is also looking pretty good. We have quite a few appointments set up with people, so we are both really excited.
     Yesterday, I started to actually do some more of my calling's responsibilities. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday, which I feel turned out really good. I focused it on the families who only have 1 member who is active, and how they can make sure to be an example to their families.
      I am now in charge of working with the primary auxiliary, which I think is ironic since I have no idea how that works within the church. We also set a young man apart as a priest. I had to also tell the new Primary President about her calling, as well as assign her to find a councilor. Next week, I will be leading sacrament meeting. The tasks just keep piling up... It is just my 3rd week- the branch president assured me that there will be more to do soon. He is a really amazing President though, and the branch really needs him right now.
     Well, that's about it for this week. I love you all so much, and I pray for each of you. May God be with you as you try to reach out and bless the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment