Follow by Email

Monday, February 24, 2014

Listen to the Promptings- Weekly Letter

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a bit slower, and certainly much warmer. A large portion of our time was taken up in me receiving and training Elder Mullen in the beautiful city of Rendsburg. On Tuesday, while I was waiting for my companion to come, I was able to spend the whole day with the Ward Mission Leader, whose wife is a less-active member. We talked about the Gospel and our conversion stories, so it was a really successful use of time. He wants to invite us over later to see if we can spark any interest from his spouse or growing children, who will in the coming years have to decide if the want to follow mom or dad.
The rest of the week was fine. On Wednesday, we had a pretty awesome miracle. I accidentally put us on the wrong bus heading the opposite direction than we had planned. I figured, God had a reason that he put us here, might as well see what it is. The first thought that came to my mind was: go by on Olaf. We followed my impression, he was home, and the first thing he said was, "oh good, I was wondering what happened to you guys. When can we meet?" It was a testimony builder for me.
On Saturday, I gave my talk for the General Session of Conference. I think that it went pretty well, and the members said that they enjoyed it. I talked about the 5 ways that the members have helped me on my mission to be a good missionary. It was a fun talk to write.
On Sunday, we went to the Stake Center for a broadcast from Salt Lake that was for all of the German speaking saints in Europe. We went with a less-active member, so it was very successful. He seemed to enjoy most of it, but he had to leave a bit early, so we were not able to get his thoughts on the whole thing. Part of it was done by translators, but we were all very surprised when David A. Bendargot up and started speaking to us in German! He served in the Munich mission about 40 years ago, but his accent wasn't too bad. I especially liked his thoughts. I feel like it addressed the topics that the wards are struggling with very boldly and straightforward. We also heard from one of the Area Seventies and from Elder Robert D. Hales.
I love my mission, and I love this gospel. I know that the principles that we learn from the scriptures are true, and that they will bless our lives. I am very grateful for priesthood power and leadership. I am also grateful for my family, who have all supported me throughout my mission.
I love you all and wish you the best!

-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi derHeiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment