Follow by Email

Monday, February 17, 2014

The start of overtime- Weekly Letter

As of this week, my extensions is going into effect. Fortunately, I am not going to be finishing my mission tomorrow. I, for one, am very happy about that fact, because it means that I don't have to stress out for another 6 weeks. But don't worry mom, the time will come before you know it.

This week was full of ups and downs. We had quite a few good appointments with members, but unfortunately not so many with our investigators. I think the main problem is that most of the investigators don't feel any urgency in our appointments. They are fine with letting an appointment drop and then waiting for another 4 months until the Elders come back to them- having a nice conversation and then not really seeing the need for the gospel. We have quite a few investigators who are happy to meet, but not very happy to actually experiment on the word. Fortunately, that is not all of them. We also have a few that have some awesome, untapped potential. These are the ones that I want to use our time on.
We had a few people come to church this week, which is the most auspicious action that an investigator or less-active member can make into being reunited in the church. We had 3 people come to church yesterday (2 investigators and 1 less-active young woman) who all seem interested in coming again and partaking of the gospel that is being taught to them. It makes me really excited for this city, because earlier in the year they were afraid that the ward would be closed down on them. Now, we are seeing some positive growth here.
We had some interesting experiences this week. On Wednesday, we were sent on a special assignment to go on exchange with some other Elders. It was a good 1.5 hour train ride there and back, so we got plenty of travel time seeing the northern landscapes of Germany. It sure it is beautiful country. The best part is, I was able to exchange with the missionary I trained exactly a year ago. It was cool to see the growth that he has made, and that he is a pretty good missionary.
This week is going to be interesting. I am going to get a new companion (the poor Elder is going to have to be with me my last transfer). His name is Elder Mullen. I will be staying here, so there is no address change.
I have a testimony of the wonderfulness of this church. It is an amazing organization that only functions because of the faith of the members. That is how the kingdom of God stands- on the shoulders of people who are trying to perfect themselves. I know that Jesus is our Savior and that God loves each of his children.
I love you all and wish you the best for this week!


-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi derHeiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment