Follow by Email

Monday, March 10, 2014

Color-changing Umbrella- Weekly Letter

This week was really good. I am not sure if I have had very many bad weeks, but I am always happy to report on a good one. I've decided to do it with a different flavor today so that you'll be able to see what I am doing day-for-day:
Monday- We took a half P-day due to an appointment half-way through the day. We took a bus to another city about 30 minutes away, but our contact was not home. We went to a shop to have lunch, and these three guys looked at us like we were aliens. We talked with them a bit about what we were doing, and they seemed to like us.

Tuesday
- A member took us around in his car to visit all of the single women that we can't visit alone. It was a miracle, because every single one of them were home AND still wanting to meet with us. SCORE! He is going to come with us again next Tuesday. We then did our weekly shopping, and I found the coolest thing in the world... A color changing umbrella!!!! When it gets wet, the pattern will turn into different colors. It is amazing!!!

Wednesday
- We went to another city (Kiel) to have Zone Training Meeting. The mission is expecting technology anytime, so each meeting is always one that could bring with it the I-Pads. This meeting, unfortunately, did not bring such things with. After we got back, we met with a man from Poland who has come to church almost every week this month. He seems to have quite a bit of potential.

Thursday
- We had lunch with some members. It is a couple who has a really awesome conversion story. The man was totally against Joseph Smith, but then he had a dream in which it was confirmed to him that the church was true. He is now one of the high councilors for our stake.

Friday-
 Was certainly the worst day of the week. We had 2 of our contacts call us within an hour of each other and cancel appointments. One of those dropped us completely and said that he wanted to stick with his own faith. We had two other appointments on that day which dropped.

Saturday-
 We biked to a town about 5 miles north ofRendsburg. It was all up-hill! We went by on a few of our contacts there, followed by doing some doors. This old lady stopped us on the street and talked at us (not with us) about her life, the wars, the walls, and all of those other awesome German things. We then went home with jelly-legs and then had an appointment with a member to help him write his talk for next Sunday. I assigned him to give the talk, so his deal with me was that I had to help him write it.

Sunday- I led sacrament meeting for my second time. It went alright. It still scares me to death for some reason. I am also the chorister, help to pass out the sacrament, and I am in charge of the primary auxiliary. The responsibilities sure make Sunday a very exciting day for us. Members were kind enough to bring food for us this Sunday. I am so grateful for them! In the evening, we went by on quite a few contacts, and we had tons of people talking to us.
I wish you all the best and may God bless you this week!

-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi derHeiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment