Follow by Email

Monday, March 24, 2014

The last full week- Weekly Letter

Well, I can say that this is certainly a fun day for me. I just read through tons of E-mails from family and friends reminding me of how little time I have. 
This week was really good. We met with quite a few people who we don't usually get to see, which was a huge blessing for us. Our investigators are progressing well, we have tons of work to do, and we are seeing growth in both the branch and in our efforts. There is seriously nothing else that a missionary can ask for. But I still expect some miracles. Those have been known to happen on a missionaries last week.
This last week, we had interview is our mission president. In my interview, he started it out by simply saying, "don't worry, Elder Gibson. We won't talk about eternal marriage. That is for April 1. I was so relieved, because I thought that he was going to give me a two-part talk on that particular topic. Fortunately, it was a very simple interview about what my plans are for after my mission and what my goals are before I finish.
This week should be really fun. I am going to take part in a musical event in which I will have the opportunity to play in a trumpet-duet with an inactive member. It should be really fun, as well as a wonderful chance to meet with him and see if we can't get him to come to church with his wife. Please pray for us this week so we can see if we can get him to come to church with us on Sunday.
I hope that everyone is doing well. Thanks once again for all of your support and love. Have a wonderful week and make sure that you look for other people that you can reach out to and share your love with.

-- 
 
- Elder Eric Gibson
  Kirche Jesu Christi derHeiligen der Letzen Tage 

No comments:

Post a Comment